I remember when I was in high school, the gym I went to had a sign. I studied it often and kept my eyes on it through my entire workout.
You see – it’s never been about working out- I love working out. I love sweating. I love my heart beating. I love my muscles stretching to new limits. Rather, my eating has always been my biggest battle.
The sign asked a simple question. And I have yet to discover the answer…
“Do you eat to live or do you live to eat?”
Throughtout my journey, I hope to uncover this answer.
Today, my eating went well. But I am starting to get really sick of grilled chicken.
I would do anything to eat a Jimmy Johns sandwich…and I saw a weiner dog walking with its owner and I instantly wanted a hotdog loaded with toppings.
But I didn’t fall into a craving cave.
I stayed strong.
Day 3 Eating:
- scrambled egg beaters with peppers, onions and mushrooms
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 1 small orange
- 12 mixed nuts
- 12 carrots with hummus
- grilled chicken salad with tomatoes, goat cheese, peppers, onions, mushrooms and a splash of soy ranch
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat greek yogurt with fresh berries
- 1 large chicken breaast
- grilled aspargus
- grilled tomoatoes with goat cheese
- 1 cup plain, non-fat greek yogurt with fresh berries and 10 chopped pecan
I didn’t exercise today. I felt weak and tired and sore – so I took a day off. But that’s okay – I’m doing just fine.